Music of the Moment: MNEK

Thursday, March 19, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments


This song is without a doubt number one on my summer playlist.

MNEK over the last year has been on the music scene, infiltrating the sound waves with his house-meets-soul tracks but this song, for whatever reason, has completely won me over.

Knowing I could dance my little heart away to this number at a club, or blast it out on the absolute maximum volume possible from the audio system in my car, are definitely contributing factors as to why I love this song.

I can only speak on behalf of myself but I felt very underwhelmed and somewhat, bored, of the continuous outpouring of 'dance' singles that were forced down my throat on the radio. So it was incredibly refreshing to find an artist who you could tell spent time molding his powerful vocals into an electric production - which I'm sure wasn't easy.

MNEK did this perfectly, resulting in a powerful track which anybody with an ounce of rhythm (pun intended) will get up and move to.

0 comments: