Music of the Moment: Rae Morris

Friday, February 06, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments



Commuting to university definitely has it's positive moments. The underground is filled with billboards of different up and coming artists with reviews from some of Music's most famous critics on the poster. One of my greatest joys is finding new artists to listen to.

I've seen Rae Morris' poster around London underground for a while, but a couple of days ago I decided that when I got home, I would search for her music on YouTube. Right choice.

I first heard her song 'Under The Shadows' which is getting a lot of rave reviews and it's understandable why. Then I decided to listen to 'Do You Even Know' afterwards and was instantly hooked. Everything about this song is perfect; her voice, the lyrics and the cleverly orchestrated music video are all contributing factors as to why this song is so great. The beat throughout is ethereal with hints of eeriness which really comes through for example at 2:08 minutes. From 2:40 onwards, the music video is simply fantastic.

With songs like this and a growing fan base, it's very easy to see why Rae Morris is and soon will be a force to be reckoned with.

0 comments: