Music of the Moment: FKA Twigs

Friday, September 12, 2014 Unknown 0 Comments



I remember seeing FKA Twigs for the first time last year when I went to see James Blake. She was his opening act and although at first I wasn't too sure what to make of her, I was sold when she performed Papi Pacify. As soon as I got home, I downloaded the song and have been a fan of hers ever since.

Her new EP 'LP1' has just been released and my absolute ABSOLUTE favourite song from that amazing album is Give Up; if only you could witness me dancing to this whilst driving. It's such a buzz. I haven't been able to stop listening to this song - I actually listen to it at least 5 times a day. At home I try my very best to sing along with her falsetto voice but unfortunately, I don't get the same reaction that FKA Twigs does (if my family's facial expressions are anything to go by!).

She's also been nominated for the Barclaycard Mercury Prize which has seen past winners such as Bastille and James Blake go on to have successful careers. I'm rooting for her to win but even if she doesn't, I know she's got a massive career ahead of her.

0 comments: